Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Drive Through Alaska

Monday morning I received a text from my boss which said, "I need you in Fairbanks for a week. Pack your bags, k." And just like that, I had a week-long vacation/adventure in Fairbanks, Alaska!

The drive was beautiful. I drove through Denali National Park, home to Mount McKinley. I drove through beautiful trees, mountains, rivers, and hills to get here.

Seeing all of the beautiful sights made me think about how many square feet on this earth there are and how many I'll never get to see. Everywhere is beautiful in its own way, and it's so important to soak in the sights that we do get to see. If I hadn't have received that text from my boss on Monday, it's quite likely that I never would have seen the things I saw yesterday on that beautiful 6-hour drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment