Friday, May 7, 2010

The Beginning

In the words of Proverbs, "Everything must have a beginning". Well here it is!

Life is full of chapters. High school is a chapter. Freshman, sophomore, junior, senior year are all chapters. A summer job, an adventure, a mission, a Christmas vacation, a relationship, a weekend away. We're constantly experiencing beginnings and endings, some coming quicker or slower than others.

Having just experienced one of these chapter page turns, I've decided to begin writing in a blog. In my communications class we learned about blogs here and there that get millions of followers and make big money. While that would certainly be swell, that's not the goal here.

At first I wanted to write something "different" that would catch the eye and make it one of a kind. But I'm not going to do that. This blog will contain my observations about life. Every day events will be put to type, not as a journal, but as an observation.

I recently watched the new movie "Sherlock Holmes"....and decided that Holmes is my new favorite superhero. He's remarkably observant. That's all it is. He observes everything around him and because of it he becomes powerful and efficient. He seeks to understand people, places, and events as they really are and learns to pick up on the clues that they present.

So as my summer in Alaska begins, so does my quest to play detective to life. To be successful in life you really only need to understand two things: God (and the world he created), and yourself.

Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment