Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Rhymes with Computer

During the past month, and for the first time in my life, I have been a commuter.

Everyday would begin and end with an hour-long drive to or from my destination in order to work. From this ordeal I learned two things:
1. It's important to me to live close to where I end up working
2. Once again, there's a whole new type of person that I can relate to better: commuters.

There are a few things that eat at me and it's just hard for me to work around. Gas money and time are two of them. I understand that it'd be nice to not live right in the city and have a slightly bigger house or pay a little less for it, but in the end I just couldn't do it. Two hours per day of driving and filling up a tank of gas twice a week just don't fly with me.

Today we were back in Anchorage working. The day seemed twice as long, stress was low, and I accomplished loads more! It's good to be home!

I'm grateful for the chance I had to learn from and observe the life of those millions of people who travel far to get to work everyday. Theirs is a different life. Theirs is the life of a commuter.

No comments:

Post a Comment