Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Grandpa Jay

Earlier this week I had the opportunity to talk with my Grandpa Richardson one final time. I called up Grandma and she put me on speaker so that I could just talk with Grandpa one on one. He wasn’t able to speak back but I really felt like he could hear and understand what I was saying. I thanked him for some of the good memories I had had in Arizona in the dentist chair or at reunions or of him visiting Ohio. I thanked him for his great example. I felt most impressed though to thank him for the great posterity that he has raised. He gave me my wonderful mother. He had sons and daughters who became very influential and wonderful examples as my aunts and uncles. And the grandchildren that he has influenced have become some of my very best allies and friends. His influence will continually be felt for generations.

Thanks Grandpa for your humble example of goodness and for keeping your priorities in the right place for your whole life. I'll love and miss you!

1 comment:

  1. few people choose to not realize could possibly mean that many people do realize which would be true though you may choose to not realize that, but overall, great post.

    ReplyDelete