Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Snooze

Last week I tried a little experiment.

During the middle of a morning at home, I set my alarm. Every time it went off, I would hit the snooze button, thus allowing it to ring 5 minutes later. For the next hour, I would hit the snooze button 12 more times, measuring out each 5-minute increment of my life.

It was amazing to see how quickly time passed. It seemed as though every 30 seconds I would be turning the alarm off. I found myself being ashamed for how little I had accomplished in each 5-minute segment, and ultimately in the hour. To my surprise, little distractions on the computer, a desire to eat a poptart or chocolate chip handful, staring off into space, and staying on one activity for needlessly too long, seemed to bite away my time in huge chunks.

Time is the only thing that we can never get back. And the man who uses each of his 5-minute increments the best will most likely be the most successful, the happiest, and the most satisfied for how things have turned out 70 years down the road.

Try out this little phenomenon for yourself and you’ll realize how much time goes down the drain every single day. And then you can do something to change, and to start living life each second that you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment